BSc., MBBS, Dip Anat., ChM
Mark is a Registrar with the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP). He graduated from Monash University in 2012 and subsequently gained extensive experience in Orthopaedics, before pursing full-time Sport and Exercise Medicine. He trained at the AIS in 2020 and is excited to return home to QLD in 2021.
Mark has experience in a wide range of sports from a local to national level. Amongst his major associations have been involvement in Australian Rules Football through the VAFA (University Blues), TAC Cup (Sandringham Dragons) and VFL (North Ballarat Roosters). He worked at the ACT Academy of Sport (ACTAS) as Medical Officer in 2020; this role involved management of injuries and illnesses in swimming, gymnastics, para-athletics, volleyball, soccer, rugby 7s and rowing. He served as an Assistant Club Doctor for the Canberra Raiders for the 2020 NRL season.
Aside from acute and chronic sporting injuries, Mark has a special interest in the active management of arthritis, exercise-induced leg pain, groin pain and back pain. He has an evolving interest in pain management more broadly. Mark believes clear communication, patient education, and a multimodal approach optimises long-term outcomes. Mark has experience using dextrose prolotherapy (joint and perineural/myofascial techniques) and is involved in research in this area.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) – Monash University (2008)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – Monash University (2012)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Surgical Anatomy (Dip Anat) – The University of Melbourne (2014)
- Master of Surgery (Trauma & Orthopaedics) (ChM) – Edinburgh University (2018)
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Registrar – Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP)
- Member – Sports Medicine Australia (SMA)
- Member – AFL Doctors Association