fbpx

Exercise Physiologist

Matt Crear

Matt is an accredited exercise physiologist. Matt grew up in competitive sport and had an interest in the industry as he battled many injuries and growing pains in his youth. In 2016 Matt graduated from James Cook University and began his career in Hervey Bay. It was here that he developed his passion for helping others, and built a wealth of knowledge in treating runners, triathletes, touch football players and other sporting populations. Alongside working with sporting populations, Matt developed and implemented exercise-based programs targeting osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, which had wonderful results.

Matt moved to Brisbane in 2019 and worked with a physiotherapy clinic on the north side. This role enabled Matt to complete formal training in Pilates and strengthened his knowledge and interests in the rehabilitation of lower limbs, hips and back. Matt’s role shifted in 2021 and he worked in conjunction with an upper limb specialist and expanded on his skills with the rehabilitation of shoulders and upper limb injuries.

As Matt’s career continues to progress, he had now refined his clinical practice and focuses on the treatment and management of lower limb injuries. He has a specific interest in mid-to-late-stage rehabilitation and enjoys working with runners, footballers, soccer, tennis, and golf players alongside any other lower limb dominant sports. In addition to working in the clinic, Matt works with the University of Queensland as a tutor in musculoskeletal rehabilitation, and with the school of psychology assisting with physical activity and mental health studies.

Outside of the clinic, Matt loves to play golf and run. He does what he needs to in the gym to keep his body healthy to participate in these sports. Matt has a 1-year-old Cocker Spaniel that occupies 90% of his downtime, and the other 10% is spent relaxing and cooking.

Regardless of your injury or background, Matt will work to ensure that you are provided with the best care and exercise programming to help you return to what you enjoy doing.

Get To Know Matt

Lower limb, running specific injuries, hips and backs

Labouring for my old man in the school holidays in Atherton.

Playing golf and spending time with my partner and dog!
Golf / NBA – Dustin Johnson / Brooklyn Nets
Golf, Running, Hockey, Touch Football, Basketball
Day 4 of a PGA Championship
Jack of all trades, master of none…
Being able to improve the lives of countless people!

Book An Appointment with Matt Online Now

Matt is available at our Bowen Hills facility. To book with Matt click book now and select Exercise Physiologist from the list on our Booking System. 

Scroll to Top