Joanne is a Senior Physiotherapist with 25 years’ experience in private practice. She has worked with several Queensland Academy of Sport and National League squads, with elite teams and individuals in Football (Soccer), Netball, Rugby League (State of Origin and Brisbane Broncos), Golf, Track and Field and Hockey.
Since 1997, Joanne has co-ordinated Injury Prevention and Athletic Development programmes for several Schools of Excellence in Sport. She is passionate about helping adolescents develop Fundamental Movement Skills and achieve their goals.
Joanne enjoys optimising function and pain levels in all individuals, normalising posture and movement imbalances through education and a strong use of manual and soft-tissue therapy. Joanne enjoys treating a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions but has a special interest in treating neck pain and headaches, in myofascial and persistent pain and the use of Dry Needling where appropriate.
Jo treats from our Bowen Hills clinic.
Involvement with Teams:
- Kelvin Grove State College Sports Excellence in Football (Soccer), Volleyball and Tennis
- Queensland Firebirds (National League Netball)
- Women’s National League Football and QAS Women’s Football
- Brisbane Strikers (in the former Men’s National Soccer League)
- Queensland Academy of Sport Men’s Football (National Youth League)
- Queensland Academy of Sport Athletes with Disabilities and Talent Identification Programmes
- Golf Excellence programmes at Kelvin Grove College and Hills International Golf Academy
- John Paul College Horizons Sports Excellence Programme
- Brunei National Team Physiotherapist for South East Asian Games